Multiple databases supported.
The following databases are supported:
- Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g. Works without Oracle client software.
- MS SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2012.
- MySQL 3,4 and 5.
- PostgreSQL 7,8 and 9.
- MS Access 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010
- Cross database platform and cross database version comparison.
Comparison and synchronization across database platforms and versions is supported. e.g. compare a MS SQL 2005 database with an Oracle 11 database.
- Database specific drivers.
Good cross database platform synchronization require different connectivity drivers for each database. Datanamic DataDiff CrossDB uses different native connectivity drivers for each supported database and each driver "knows" how to transfer and convert data from one platform to the other platform.
- Comparedata across databases of different types.
For example: compare a MS SQL 2008 database with an Oracle 11 database.
- Compare selected fields.
You don't have to compare all fields in a table. You can define which fields to compare. Unique is that that does not mean that you cannot synchronize excluded fields. You can always synchronize a field, even if it was not included in the list of fields to compare.
- Define custom comparison keys.
A comparison key is automatically selected if your tables contain a matching unique key. You can also define your own comparison key (any combination of the fields of that table).
- Comparison options.
Control the way data is compared. Ignore spaces, trim strings, match NULL to empty string, case-insensitive comparison, etc.
- Fast comparison of large databases.
Optimized memory usage and comparison routines make Datanamic DataDiff CrossDB one of the fastest products for large databases.
- Supports comparing binary data.
Special routines guarentee fast comparison of binary data. The comparison results grid includes a special viewer for binary fields.
- Data filtering with WHERE clauses.
You can define a where clause on each source and/or destination table.
- Compare fields with different data types.
When the data types in the fields to compare differ, the data is automatically converted in such a way that they can be compared.
- Mapping tables and columns.
Tables and columns are automatically mapped based on their names. You can manually map any table and column.
- Export comparison results.
- Export all or selected comparison results to one or more CSV files.
- Synchronize directly on database or generate a update script.
- Refertial integrity support.
Datanamic DataDiff CrossDB handles data dependencies and referential integrity during comparison and synchronization. To speed up synchronization you have got the option to disable foreign keys during synchronization.
- Partial synchronization.
Partial synchronization allows you to synchronize only selected columns and/or only selected records.
- Synchronize binary data.
Synchronization fo binary data is supported when you synchronize directly on the database.
- Warnings on record level for potential errors during synchronization.
Warnings appear in the comparison results grid when synchronization might lead to invalid data. This is the case when the destination field for example requires a value but the value that is gonna be inserted is a NULL value.
- Exclude fields for synchronization on project level.
In the project options dialog you can define a list of field names for fields you don't want to synchronize. This way you don't have to exclude those fields manually. This is very useful to exclude columns used for auditing purposes.
- Quick overview of differences.
Easy-to-use navigation through the color-coded data differences.
- Automated comparison and synchronization.
A command line utility is included to automate your data compare and synchronize process.
- Clear user interface.
Save your data comparison plan to a DataDiff project for later re-use.
- Detection of metadata changes.
You do not have to reconfigure your complete compare plan when the structure of a source or destination table has changed. Datanamic DataDiff CrossDB will do that for you automatically.