Quickly Generate Test Data For MS Access Databases
- Generate realistic test data
- Generates data that is appropriate for the database schema
- Supports MS Access 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013
- Customize data generators
- Populate databases directly or generate insert scripts
- Large collection of predefined (country/language specific) generators
- Create your own data generators
To be able to test a database application which works with MS Access, you need test data. If possible, realistic data. You can make this test data manually. That is quite error prone and very time consuming. The solution is Datanamic Data Generator for MS Access. This is a tool that generates realistic test data automatically.
It works pretty simple. You select the tables for which you want to generate test data. Datanamic Data Generator for MS Access analyzes the structure of the database and the tables and associates an appropriate "generator" with each field. If you want you can change the generator settings or select one of the 40 other built-in/pre-installed generators for the field. Now you can start generating the test data. The data can be inserted into the MS Access database directly or you can export the test data to a SQL file with insert statements. When inserting data, the tool resolves master-detail relationships automatically.
You can save a lot of time with Datanamic Data Generator for MS Access. You don't have to create your test data manually anymore. When your underlying database changes, the tool detects that and automatically chooses appropriate data generators so that you don't have to start all over again. To further automate the data generation process, you can use the included command-line utility. Test data generation with Datanamic Data Generator for MS Access is fast, easy and painless.
- Supported MS Access versions: 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
- Generates data that is appropriate for the database schema.
- Intelligently chooses appropriate data generator for each column (can be customized if desired) based on column's characteristics.
- More than 40 (country and language specific) built-in data generators.
- Load random data from external sources.
- Load random data from already existing data sources such as other tables.
- Option to disable foreign keys.
- Realtime preview of data that will be generated.
- Generates realistic data with intelligent use of the expression/mask generator (for for example postal codes) and a large collection of lists with names, addresses, cities, streets, etc.
- Generate test data for a complete database or for a selection of tables.
- Command-line utility to further automate your data generation process is included.
- Create your own user defined data generators.
- Insert data directly into the database or generate a SQL script with insert statements.
- High performance with thousands of inserts per second.
- Setting to define the percentage of null values.
- Setting to specify how many times a generated value must be used. Useful for master-detail data. e.g. A customer must have at least 5 orders but not more than 10.
- Referential integrity support.
- Save your test data generation plan to a project file.
- Extensive validation of data generator settings.
- Execute pre/post data generation scripts.
- Automatic detection of changes in your database schema.
- Generate unique values option.
Datanamic Data Generator for MS Access costs $ 499 for a single user license (EULA).
Upgrade Protection/Support is optional and costs 20% of the initial purchase price per year.
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
Memory: 1 GB minimum (2 GB recommended)
Hard Disk: At least 20 MB of free disk space
Databases: MS Access 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013