FeaturesDatanamic SchemaDiff for PostgreSQL enables you to see what differences exist between two PostgreSQL database schemas. This is a necessary capability for effective database change management. Datanamic SchemaDiff for PostgreSQL generates the SQL to synchronize the database schemas.
- Direct access to PostgreSQL databases.
- Multiple PostgreSQL supported.
Supported PostgreSQL versions: 7, 8, 8.3 and 9.
- Cross database versions comparison.
You can for example compare (and synchronize) a PostgreSQL 8.3 and a PostgreSQL 9.
- Database schema to database schema comparison.
Connect to two PostgreSQL databases and compare the objects in those databases.
- SQL script to database schema comparison.
Connect to a PostgreSQL databases and select a SQL script representing a database and compare the objects in both sources.
- Schema mapping.
Mapping schemas enables you to compare database objects that belong to the same or different schemas.
- Intelligent object mapping.
Mapping is used to connect the objects to be compared. Mapping of database objects in source and destination database is done based on names. If no object with the same name was found, intelligent routines are used to find out if an object must be mapped to an object with another name. It detects renamed database objects.
- Compare all database object types. Compare tables, procedures, indexes, views, triggers, constraints etc.
- Generate HTML reports with database differences.
- Fine-tune the comparison with the comparison options.
You can control what is compared and what is seen as a difference. Use the comparison options such as case insensitivity, ignore constraints and 30 other options, for that.
- Synchronize complete database or selected objects.
You can select the database objects you want to synchronize.
- Intelligent alter script generation.
Generated synchronization script handles object dependencies.
- Fine-tune the synchronization process with synchronization options.
You can ignore table elements or objects descriptions for example, for synchronization.
Presentation Of Differences
- Visual representation of differences.
A side-by-side, colour-coded comparison overview makes it easy to pinpoint at a glance similarities and differences between two database objects.
- Summary of differences between two databases.
The summary includes objects in source but not in destination (or vice versa), identical objects and the totals of selected objects. You can easily copy the summary to the clipboard.
- Object type filtering.
Filtering the comparison results enable you to limit the display of objects to certain types of database objects (for example, show only tables and/or views).
- Status filtering.
Filter the comparison results based on the status (identical, different, etc...) of the compared object.
- Automated object comparison and synchronization.
A command-line utility is included to automate your compare and synchronize process.
Save your comparison plan to a SchemaDiff project.
The easiest way to see if Datanamic SchemaDiff for PostgreSQL can help you is to try it out: