What's NewDatanamic SchemaDiff Version 4 provides a more efficient way to compare and synchronize your database schemas: improved synchronization scripts, a new user interface, instant generation of synchronization scripts, powerful custom comparison rules and much more...
- Complete new user interface.
- Multiple projects interface.
- Added the option to define custom comparison rules. With custom comparison rules you can control what will be seen as a difference. You can for example define a comparison rule that says that data type INT is identical to INTEGER.
- Instant synchronization script creation.
- New code editor.
- Custom include/exclude filters for object names to control which objects will be read from the database.
- Create custom filters to filter the comparison results.
- Added the option to ignore sequence seed values in comparison results.
- Enhanced Oracle connectivity. Added instant client support and RAC support.
- Fixed an issue with importing SQL files. When an entity was defined without schema name, but the relationships, triggers and indexes did make use of a schema name, it did not import the relationship/trigger/index correctly.
- Improved support for importing unicode text.
- Improved support for importing SQL files with use of temporarily redefined delimiters.
- Improved differences report.
- Fixed an issue with changed sequences not being recreated when altering the database.
- Fixed an issue with missing comments in the generated alter script when it was necessary to re-create a complete table.
- Fixed an issue with quoted schema names as part of the trigger name when generating Oracle databases.
- Removed redundant comments from the generated SQL script file and from the generated log file when forward engineering SQL databases.
See also: Complete version history.